Easy Authentic Mexican Salsa
Easy authentic Mexican salsa makes a large batch for a crowd, can be made spicy or mild, and gets better each day the flavors marinate.
- 4 28 oz. cans whole, peeled tomatoes, drained
- 2 bunches green onions (Can add more if you wish.)
- 4 4 oz. cans chopped, green chilies (Can add more if you wish.)
- 1 small bottle of hot taco sauce (Start with half the bottle and add more as necessary for spice level. You can use jalapeño or habanero taco sauce for added spice.)
- ground Cumin to taste (Start with 1 Tbsp. and add more for taste. I generally use about 3 Tbsp.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Crush tomatoes with hands, or chop with kitchen scissors until chunky.
Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Can serve immediately, but the flavors get better the longer it sits in the fridge.
Store in fridge for 2 - 3 weeks.