A Summertime Favorite
The torched cherry cocktail has to be one of my most favorite drinks. It has just the right amounts of sweet, tart and refreshing all wrapped into one.
I discovered the torched cherry at a restaurant called Destihl in Normal, Illinois. It is a brewery and restaurant that serves great food and drinks. Side note, the banana cream pie is to die for–my husband and I will order one, pick it up and bring it home to share for a late night snack.
Destihl took the torched cherry off their menu, but one of the bartenders shared the recipe with me. However, I have modified the drink to give it a Paleo twist. The recipe calls for simple syrup, and I make mine with equal parts honey and water instead of equal parts sugar and water.
The torched cherry cocktail is actually made with Torched Cherry Bacardi Rum, but Bacardi quit making torched cherry. It is now called “cherry,” and is exactly the same. The recipe also calls for fresh squeezed lime juice. Use fresh squeezed! It makes all the difference in a good cocktail vs. a great cocktail!
I hope you enjoy this amazing cocktail as much as I do. Cheers!
- 1½ oz. simple syrup (equal parts honey and water)
- 4 oz. Bacardi Cherry Rum or Bacardi Torched Cherry Rum
- 2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- For the simple syrup: Make however much you want by mixing equal parts honey and water. Warm the mixture up enough to dissolve the honey. Refrigerate the leftovers for the next cocktail.
- Mix all ingredients and garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!